“Most cats, when they are Out want to be In, and vice versa, and often simultaneously.” – Louis J. Camuti – cat quotes. This is true because cats don’t understand doors or the difference between outside and inside. These are human concepts. Below this collage of Helmi Flick photographs, I explain why the photos and Galadrial are so right for this breed of cat.
The Munchkin is said to be a “normal sized cat in every way”1 with short legs. You can see the leg length very accurately in the larger of the three photographs. And Galadrial is such a normal looking cat. He is a calico cat but this breed can be shown in all colors and categories. There you have it, a classic Munchkin cat.
The Munchkin’s legs are about 5 inches from ground to shoulder blade.
Here are some key facts about this breed:
- Date of Origin: 1983
- Place of Origin: USA
- Ancestry: Moggies
- Other name: None
- Weight: 2.75 – 4.5 kg (6 – 10 lb)
- Temperament: Appealing, inquisitive, outgoing
- Body type: Semi-cobby
- Registries: TICA – breed standard
- Colors: All colours and patterns
- Full details: http://pictures-of-cats.org/munchkin-cat.html
1. Legacy of the Cat by Gloria Stephens and Tetsu.