The Maine Coon breed standard tells us what the Maine Coon should look like. The trouble is that it is a bit technical. The language is written for cat breeders to read. Therefore, I have presented it in a slide show with Helmi Flick images. I think the two together, words and pictures, may help. However, this is more an exercise in trying to utilize Prezi to good effect.
Below is a Prezi slide show of the basic Maine Coon breed standard verbatim. The cat associations write the breed standards.
The slide show controls are important to get the best out of it, which are immediately below the slide show screen — I explain the controls below the slide show.
Click on “Start Prezi” to get going and see the controls. This is what I would do, in the following sequence:
- Click on “Start Prezi” icon in the center of the slide show…
- Click on full screen icon. A full computer screen slide show is presented.
- Click on the word “allow” at the top of your computer screen.
- Use the controls below the slide show (as shown on this page) to work the slide show.
- Press your “escape” (“esc”) key to return to normal screen mode.
- If you have problems I would be pleased if you would leave a comment. Thanks.
Click “Start Prezi” then…..
As mentioned, the words in the presentation are verbatim from the CFA breed standard. I think it has to be. If I précis the standard and make it less technical I am in danger of changing its meaning. You’ll find the language a bit odd. I do. But if you find it very readable, that would be fantastic.
This is a trial, really, on using the Prezi cloud software. I may well amend things and change the slide show after publication.
Prezi is an online program for creating novel slide shows. I would very much like to thank Dan in Tempe in the USA for introducing me to it. Thanks Dan. Any feedback would be welcome.