Cat Swallows Christmas Tree
Photo by Ambrosio Photography - this is not the cat referred to.
Yes, we know that Christmas trees can be a source of irritation for people at Christmas, who keep cats because sometimes cats like to get involved in the tree particularly if you're a Norwegian Forest Cat and used to climbing 'em.
But this story is about a cat who got irritated (inside) when she swallowed a Christmas tree. And no, it wasn't the real thing!
But is was a decent size as it was a Christmas decoration. Foreign objects can cause a lot of illness. And in this case the symptoms were chronic vomiting accompanied by weight loss and looking ill (unsurprisingly).
An X ray showed a Christmas decoration tree inside her intestine.
It has a funny side but a serious consequence. It is the time of year when humans argue and cats are exposed to some new hazards such as decorations, toys, lighting, shiny objects and turkey bones (keep that turkey under wraps!). And the fresh potential for trouble leads occasionally to it actually happening.
Apparently there is an increase in the swallowing of "foreign objects" at Christmas.
Chocolate is toxic to cats and some of us like a nibble of the odd chocy after dinner. Watch those chocs and those papers!
Of course all the paper and silver stuff are great homemade cat toys too but a little bit of judicious care can go a long way to avoid turning a fun time into a bit of a nightmare.
That goes for the arguments too!