By Ruth aka Kattaddorra
This article was inspired by Dee, who wrote on another article:
‘Which POC commandment number should we make? Support only small, local, or individual charities? Right under #1? Thou shalt not declaw?’
Thousands of years ago cats agreed to become domesticated. In those days it was a case of give and take, cats helped to keep the rodent population under control and in return they received a home, food and protection.
But now too many cats have to give more than they take, sadly some are not treated with the love and care and respect they deserve and some have to pay for their home by having their very essential claws taken from them.
Here are Ten Commandments which should have been written in stone at the time when cats lives started being in the control of human beings.
They are in no particular order:
- Thou shalt care for thy cat all of his days.
- Thou shalt provide veterinary treatment for thy cat whenever he needs it.
- Thou shalt feed thy cat with the best food thou can afford.
- Thou shalt never punish thy cat.
- Thou shalt never have thy cat declawed.
- Thou shalt never let anyone treat thy cat as a second class citizen to a dog.
- Thou shalt respect thy cat needs his own space and privacy at times.
- Thou shalt provide thy cat with a warm bed to sleep in.
- Thou shalt not ignore thy cat when he wants thy attention.
- Thou shalt only support small cat rescues where all donations are spent on the cats.
Maybe someone can think of many more commandments, but those are my top ten for PoC.