Veganpet, the cruelty-free cat and dog food!
Veganpet is a brand of which supplies cat and dog food and shampoo. It is a product which is only for sale online, and can only be purchased within Australia and New Zealand.
When people are first exposed to the concept of vegan pet food, their initial reaction is often, how can you give a carnivorous animal food which does not contain meat? According to the website it is a completely healthy substitute, and no animals must face a horrific and unnecessary death for it.
According to the website, vegan pet is:
- "A natural product with the exception of synthetically produced taurine, niacin and some vitamins. This food contains no artificial colours or preservatives.
- All raw ingredients used in this food are of human grade quality and where possible ORGANIC.
- This food contains no wheat for allergy sufferers.
- DHA-Aa +EPA: The actual long chain tare/acids Docosahexanoic acid, Arachadonic Acid & Elcosapentonoic Acid are added to both cat and dog food.
- Extra Taurine & L Carnitine in both cat and dog food."
Veganpet has been scientifically proven that it is capable of maintaining good health of cats and dogs, and it has been approved by vets.
I have tried a dry food sample with my two cats, and my dog. Chilli, my Abyssinian, is willing to fight for the stuff, he loves it! As does my dog, Tessie. But my tabby cat, Mae, will not touch it at this stage. But I assume a slow introduction and a gradual transition would be enough to make her love it.
If you would like to sample some Veganpet food, contact Sandy on the 'Contact & Suppliers' page on their website. I know she will send a free sample to those in Australia, but I'm not sure about internationally.
If you would like to learn more about the product visit the website. http://veganpet.com.au/articles/
Veganpet is also a very great way to fight animal cruelty!