By Ruth aka Kattaddorra
Although there is quite a bit of information about Marion, the long time co-ordinator of Wear Valley & District Cats Protection on this PoC article:
..we thought it would be good for visitors to have the opportunity to ask her any questions they would like to, about her voluntary work.
Michael created the idea saying
‘Ruth, I’d like you to interview Marion about her work generally. Just five questions and five answers and the article just sets them out’
But having known Marion forever, Babz and I know a lot of the answers already, so it would be nice to have some new input with our PoC family joining in.
Rose has the first question which I’m sure Marion will answer in a comment.
‘I can think of one right away. How does Marion keep her sanity and her temper when dealing with people like than man who keeps phoning her about taking more kittens into care and then oh he forgot to mention his cat isn’t neutered?’
Now Michael has some questions too:
- What got you into cat fostering?
- Do you become attached to cats and find it difficult to release them to a new home?
- How many cats at one time do you care for as a fosterer and how do you manage?
- Do you have cats of your own and if so how do they get on with the fostered cats?
- Expenses, how are these covered? Do you buy the things you need and are then reimbursed?
- Do you have any special memories of cat fostering?
Marc also wants to know the answer to question no 2 :
Yes – how does Marion ‘let go’ of the ones she cares for?
Over to Marion for her answers …………….