A kitten in the UK is receiving black vodka treatment after a second attack on a family’s cats in Redcar. Missey was covered in anti-freeze. I presume a nasty, cruel individual wanted to kill Missey because it is well-known nowadays that the ethylene glycol in anti-freeze causes kidney failure in cats. Missey’s caretaker, Paul Stephenson, believed he would have to have her euthanized.
Anti-freeze need not include ethylene glycol. There are substitutes but some uncaring manufacturers don’t care. A bitterant can also be added to make it unpalatable to cats.
Anyway to the point. A specialist vet has given Missey a 50% chance of surviving and the treatment has included using black vodka placed on a drip “to break down the crystals that form after anti-freeze is swallowed”. Whisky is just as good or at least one Scottish woman discovered it was.
Ethanol is an antidote to anti-freeze poisoning. It halts the poisoning but treatment has to be undertaken soon after the poison has been ingested.
Vodka is a mixture of a high concentration of ethanol and water.
This site is hosted by fixed.net. I rate them very highly. I'd recommend them to any website creator or admin team. Click this link to find out more.