- Lay cat on flat surface with right side down.
- Open cat’s mouth. Clear secretions with cloth. Check for foreign body and remove if present. If object is stuck use Heimlich Maneuver.
- Pull cat’s tongue forward and close mouth. Place your mouth over cat’s nose. Blow gently. Cat’s chest will expand – if not blow more forefully and/or seal the lips with hand to stop your breath escaping through cat’s lips.
- Release to let the air come out of lungs.
- Deliver breaths at one every 4-5 seconds or 12-15 per minute.
- Continue until cat breathes unaided or as long as the cat’s heart continues to beat.
Please search using the search box at the top of the site. You are bound to find what you are looking for.