This is a bit strange. A person adopted a beautiful ginger tabby-and-white cat from Michigan Cat Rescue but they returned the boy whose name is Jacque (French for James I believe). The reason: he is a lap cat. Normally people like their cats to be lap cats because it is nice to have your cat on your lap as it creates a closeness in the relationship. Why would a person dislike a lap cat (please leave reasons in comments)? I am not sure such a person is suitable to adopt a cat. Or is that being unkind?
Here is the story from Michigan Cat Rescue.
His new guardians looks nice and happy:
Reasons why a person does not want a lap cat
I speculate why a person does not want a lap cat (can you think of more reasons?):
- She does not like cat fur on their clothes
- She does not like being forced to keep still for a long period
- She likes to read the newspaper on her lap!
- She has to move her legs often because if she does not they ache
- She has another cat who is a lap cat and can’t adopt another lap cat
I am not sure that any of them are good reasons for rejecting a lap cat.