His name is “Able”. How perfect a name is that?! We have seen it before. The beautiful abilities of the domestic cat to overcome massive disability and live a full, normal life. In this instance one-year-old kitten living on the streets of Chiang Mai, Northern Thailand was electrocuted when he stepped on live wires. This must have been a serious hazard to both cat and human. The kitten was badly injured but survived. There was a loud bang when he was electrocuted.
I am going to fill in some gaps in the story because I don’t have the hard facts. He must have been so badly injured and burned by the electrocution that he lost the use of his forelegs and his tail was destroyed. He was probably destined to die on the streets but a kind person, Walai Sriboonvorakul, took pity, took him in and got treatment which must have included the amputation of his forelegs.
This made him a “kangaroo cat” or “kango”. Well I find that a slightly unpleasant label. I wouldn’t label him at all. He’s disabled by our standards. We would describe him as disabled using our concepts but he won’t consider himself disabled. Not at all. It won’t enter his head. He’ll just get along as normal as possible by adapting beautifully. He has a super strong back which keeps his body off the ground as he propels himself forward with his hind legs.
This site is hosted by fixed.net. I rate them very highly. I'd recommend them to any website creator or admin team. Click this link to find out more.