Celebrities are donating to help animals displaced by California fires. Sandra Bullock and Victoria are two stars who combined donated $120,000 to the Humane Society of Ventura County. This PoC article will help the readers understand just how serious the fires are to humans, animals, and property.
Humane Society of Ventura County posted Sunday on their Facebook page
“The Humane Society of Ventura County was deeply humbled today by a $100,000 donation from Sandra Bullock and family. Our efforts for rescuing and caring for evacuated animals from the Hill and Woolsey fires had caught her attention and her team reached out to the shelter to show their support. Sandra Bullock and her family have reached out to other nonprofit organizations both during this incident and in the past. However, this time she wanted to contribute to those on the frontline rescuing animals in peril and hope others will choose to do the same.”
Victoria Principal was another celebrity who made a large donation to help the animals.
“A very special thank you to the Victoria Principal Foundation who pledged $20,000 to the Humane Society of Ventura County this morning to support the emergency services we offer to our community free of charge. Last year during the Thomas Fire, the Victoria Principal Foundation was one of the very first to donate to us with a $10,000 donation to our rescue efforts. Her generosity will once again help make it possible for us to continue to protect the animals in our care affected by these horrific fires.”
The Humane Society of Ventura County is open for those who have been evacuated and are in need of sanctuary for dogs, cats, horses or other domesticated animals. Fire officials have issued mandatory evacuations for thousands of homes in Ventura and Los Angeles Counties due to The Hill and Woolsley Incidents. For animal evacuation information and assistance please call the shelter at 805-646-6505.
Their Facebook page will be updated with information as well as photos of the HSVC at work saving innocent animals. Even a tortoise was rescued from the fire!