Employees from Kansas City, Missouri based Full Service Chimney are gaining a lot of recognition in the social media world after they took the time to rescue a cat who had been stuck in a chimney for four days.
Their Facebook page posted the situation Friday
“Full Service Chimney’s office team received a call from a gentleman in an emergency situation this morning. He explained his cat had been stuck in his chimney for 4 days now with no way to get out. He contacted the fire department and animal control and no one was able to help him. Our team is currently on location after canceling one of our technician’s jobs for the day in order to help get this cat out and back to its owner. Check back for more updates on this little one! As Kansas City’s chimney sweep, we think no life should be left behind!”
Marbles the cat turned up at the bottom of a 15-foot chimney and had no way out. The cat had been missing for four days in the vicinity of East 41st Street and Warwick Boulevard in Midtown when owner Taylor Hazley heard her cat crying.
In an interview with KCTV News Taylor described her panic
“I went to sleep last night pretty much accepting that I wouldn’t have a cat anymore. Either she was probably outside, and she tried to climb one of these trees and fell off into the chimney, or she just slipped off the chimney thinking she could get warm.”
The fire department and animal control were unable to help without causing damage to the house. That’s when Hazley, along with her roommate, contacted Full Service Chimney.
Technician Chris Terrones came up with an ingenious way to determine where the cat was stuck. He asked the KCTV crew to put their camera down the chimney. Marbles was in a position where Terrones thought it best to rescue the trapped kitty from the bottom up.
Video of Full Service Chimney chipping away to save Marbles is below (Facebook videos may be slow to load)
🐱 Cat rescue happening in KC!The owner said the cat may have been in the chimney for as long as five days.
Posted by FOX4 News Kansas City on Friday, 16 November 2018
It took several hours of drilling and cutting during a time of year when chimney sweeps are extremely busy due to cold weather moving in. Yet these kind workers took the time to save a feline in distress.
The business also refused to take any payment for rescuing Marbles, so let’s give them a big thank you for saving a very sooty and shaken (but unharmed) cat. Click here for their Facebook page.