This is a picture of Madison Waddell in Scotland cuddling her dying cat, Millie, wrapped in a towel. Thirty minutes later Millie was euthanised. She had been poisoned by antifreeze which damages the kidneys irretrievably.
Millie was a tortie. On the family’s return from a weekend holiday they found Millie unwell. Madison was best friends with Millie. The picture says it all.
Although many are rightly angry it is not clear if Millie was deliberately poisoned or whether it was accidental. It is likely to be deliberate because rarely is antifreeze left lying on the ground nowadays. Car engine cooling systems are sealed these days. There is no need to add anti-freeze.
Anti-freeze poisoning is probably the number one way cat haters kill cats in the UK. It is a crime of course but rarely if ever are the perpetrators caught because it is nearly impossible to get enough evidence. Perhaps a CCTV camera might help but it’s unlikely. You’d have to suspect a neighbor because domestic cats don’t wander that far from home usually.
Black vodka has been used to treat anti-freeze poisoning in cats. And it has worked. The vet tried to save Millie. I am not sure what treatment she/he tried.
[weaver_show_posts cats=”” tags=”antifreeze-poisoning” author=”” author_id=”” single_post=”” post_type=” orderby=”date” sort=”ASC” number=”3″ show=”full” hide_title=”” hide_top_info=”1″ hide_bottom_info=”1″ show_featured_image=”1″ hide_featured_image=”” show_avatar=”” show_bio=”” excerpt_length=”” style=”background-color:HoneyDew; border:2px dotted darkgrey; padding:12px” class=”” header=”Associated pages (this is a selection. Please search for more):” header_style=”color:Indigo; font-size:130%;” header_class=”” more_msg=”” left=0 right=0 clear=0]
This site is hosted by fixed.net. I rate them very highly. I'd recommend them to any website creator or admin team. Click this link to find out more.