Tiger Woods Mother
Tiger Woods mother is a Buddhist. So is Tiger Woods. Her name is Kultida Woods; shortened to Tida. Here are some facts:
- Her maiden name is Kultida Punsawad
- She met her husband Earl Woods in in Bangkok, Thailand, and they were married in 1969
- Tida raised Tiger as an Asian child but wouldn’t expand on that statement
- Kultida was tough on Tiger when he grew up. His father was softer. She used to beat his backside as a punishment
- She says she doesn’t forgive people
- Tiger says his mother doesn’t cry
- Note: to my regular visitors....please forgive this page on a golfer's mother but he is news right now and that brings visitors which makes money for cats! Oh, and her son's name has "tiger" in it, the world's greatest cat.
- She is strong willed and has a “code” (of conduct)
- She finds it hard to tolerate weakness
- During a part of their marriage, Kultida and Earl, Tiger’s parents, lived apart but they were not legally separated
- She likes a big house
- Tiger loves and respects his mother completely
- She suggested he wear red on the last day of a tournament. He does.
- She taught Tiger to go after his golf opponents with maximum force, “Go after them, kill them”
- She also taught Tiger sportsmanship
- She is diminutive in stature
- Tiger Woods mother likes to wear sharp oranges, reds, blacks, gold colours and a Bangkok hat
- Tiger Woods mother has been an ardent supporter at tournaments to the point where it became an issue for organisers and to Tiger himself on at least one occasion when she moved, distracting Tiger, when she should have stood still.
- She has a thick Thai accent.
- Kultida thinks that Tiger totally dominates Davis Love ("He kill Davis' heart")
- She took Tiger aged 10 to Thailand to see the place first hand.
- Tiger Woods says his heart is Thai despite being American
- Kultida Woods, Tiger Woods mother used to get her son to golf tournaments throughout California getting up early in the morning to do so and she would keep Tiger’s score. She never complained. A testament to her mental strength which Tiger seems to have inherited (except for his deeply rooted flaw of marital infidelity)…Did he also learn this from his mother or father? I think he did.
Sources: Internet – unverified
Photo: a still from a publicly available video on YouTube.