PLEASE SHARE THIS POST ON FACEBOOK. THANKS.
An experienced cat rescuer, Kristi Louie, said: “My rescue kitties need rescuers so I can rescue me”
One of her cats is Joan:
‘Our Joan is a beautiful spotted girl who loves kids, other animals, playing, and sleeping on top of you! Joan also has a great disposition—she lets kids haul her around the house like a doll.’
Kristi Louie is a very experienced cat rescuer who, with other volunteers, has been maintaining feral cat colonies and getting cats adopted in Long Beach, California, USA. Anyone who knows the work that TNR volunteers do can’t help to be impressed but now she needs to be rescued herself she says.
“My rescue kitties need rescuers so I can rescue me…I often hear folks question why people stay in toxic relationships. Well, in my case, I’ve stayed because I’m a rescuer and I have cats that need homes.”
Kristi Louie has bravely opened up about an emotionally unbearable situation which she needs to deal with but she has 10 cats of her own, all of whom are Long Beach City College rescue cats.
She has decided that in order to rescue herself from this relationship she needs to move and that means rehoming her cats. She won’t move home until they are with new families.
So this post is simply spreading the word. Kristi asked Kate Karp of the Long Beach Post News to help her get her rescued cats, now living with her, into new homes. I have taken the liberty of using Kristi Louie’s words in describing her cats. They are shown on this page. ‘Joan’ is above and the remaining 9 cats are below. Please spread the word. It seems that this is an urgent matter.
IF YOU WANT TO SEE LARGER VERSIONS OF THESE PICTURES PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGES BELOW:
- Annabelle is sweet as pie, and the perfect cat for a family, especially one with a child that would like to cuddle her! She likes to suckle fingers and will fall asleep on her back like a baby in your arms, purring all the way!
- Axel was dumped as a kitten along with the next four cats at the feral colony. They hid in electrical equipment and were there when the groundskeeper found them and called the colony maintainers. He’s got the cutest dot on his nose! He’s great with kids and other animals. He likes to head-butt you for attention and will give massages!
- Doodle has the cutest round face and big, owlish eyes. She’s very needy and wants a person whom she can lay on top of with her head and paws on your neck. She loves to play and is very nosy! She’ll follow you around curiously and try to figure everything out. He was found as a newborn in a dirty car.
- Here’s Fluff. Fluff has beautiful, soft fur with some smoky undertones (beware though, it will need regular brushing!). She loves to play. She’s a cuddler and will sleep in bed with you and knead on you. She’ll also talk your ear off. She was found as a newborn in a dirty car.
- Kovac’s a funny little guy with a big personality. He’s good with kids and other animals. He likes to suckle and knead blankets—and other animals! Like his siblings, he loves to cuddle at night. Image in public domain.
- Rowan is very sweet and people oriented. He and his sister, Annabelle, were found dumped on the street at 2 weeks old. Rowan loves to follow you around from room to room like a dog.
- Squirt. She’s about 11 years old. She was thrown outside to fend for herself after her elderly owner died. Squirt’s the neediest of all and needs a special human for her golden years. She is a senior with arthritis and is FIV-positive, and she really deserves a forever home to call her own again. Squirt will paw at you for attention—she’s desperate to be someone’s lap cat and best friend.
- Suzie Sue, aka “Bedhead” for her unruly locks, was the smallest and sickest of her litter. But she persevered and pulled through fine. She’s good with kids and other animals and really loves toys! And meat, too—the little obligatory carnivore!
- Zaria was found with one eye cloudy gray from scar tissue, either from an untreated infection or injury, but it doesn’t bother her. She is extremely sweet, and isn’t afraid to leap onto your shoulders for extra cuddles! Zaria is good with kids and other animals, and will even cuddle the Louies’ rabbit.