In summary the most frustrating thing about being a veterinarian is the behaviour of the animals’ owners.
Specifically what frustrates veterinarians the most are owners who:
- take the advice of their veterinarian on a product and buy it elsewhere believing it to be cheaper
- ask for free medical advice at parties etc. especially when they are not clients
- don’t show up for an appointment
- are too self-important and expect a special service
- are irrational
- think that owning a pet should not cost them any money and expect a free service
- post unreasonable negative reviews on the internet
- check the DNR box for their pets hospital stay when the medical condition is curable and manageable
- go to Dr Google for answers and give their vet a hard time because of it
- don’t think veterinarians are doctors
- lie about their pet’s illness
- expect blood tests to take 2 mins
- prefer to let their pet die rather than treat them over several days
- leave unwanted pets outside the clinic and run
P.S. the one in bold is the most common cited.
Accepting when life is unfair as when a boxer dog developed cancer soon after being adopted and who was euthanised after one year. There were tears all-round. Euthanising companion animals before old age is tough for some vets and vet staff.
Source: this is a tight précis of a Quora.com post.
[weaver_show_posts cats=”” tags=”veterinarian” author=”” author_id=”” single_post=”” post_type=” orderby=”date” sort=”ASC” number=”2″ show=”full” hide_title=”” hide_top_info=”1″ hide_bottom_info=”1″ show_featured_image=”1″ hide_featured_image=”” show_avatar=”” show_bio=”” excerpt_length=”” style=”background-color:HoneyDew; border:2px dotted darkgrey; padding:12px” class=”” header=”Associated pages (this is a selection. Please search for more):” header_style=”color:Indigo; font-size:130%;” header_class=”” more_msg=”” left=0 right=0 clear=0]
This site is hosted by fixed.net. I rate them very highly. I'd recommend them to any website creator or admin team. Click this link to find out more.