A far as a can tell people occasionally search for “lost cat poster”.
Now, I am going to guess that people are looking for a bit of clip art that is an example of a poster that they can download and print. People can then fill in the blank spaces to personalize it and bingo they should have a decent looking poster with a bit of impact and which attracts attention.
Well, I had a go at making a couple. The images below are thumbnails linked to large format, A4 poster sized images. A4 is a UK size, I believe but for US visitors it is a standard letter format. For people who are not computer savvy this is what you do:
1. Click on one of the thumbnail images below. This takes you to a large format version of the lost cat poster.
2. Place the cursor over the large format lost cat poster and right click. A menu comes up. Select “save image as”. Your internet browser software will then pop up a window that asks you to select a file name for the image and where you want to download it to. I would name it “lost cat poster” and download to desktop. Update: Very sorry but right click downloads have been disabled because of violations of copyright.
3. Once you have completed step 2, click “save”.
4. The image is downloaded to desktop. It will be seen on desktop (the screen you see when the computer is first started and no programs are running) in the form of an icon (a small image).
5. Double click on this icon and your computer software, whatever is loaded (I use Picasa), will open the file and you will see a large image of the lost cat poster.
6. Right click on the image and select, “print” after connecting the printer to the computer. Make sure A4 or similar sized paper is in the paper tray. You might use coloured paper.
7. Once printed add a photo in the space provided and complete the details with a large felt tipped pen.
Here are the thumbnail lost cat posters – you have a choice of two:
I hope someone finds these useful! If someone wants me to produce a customized one please leave a comment.